The Lucile E. Hawks Gallery
Current Exhibition: Ongoing
New Threads showcases the Avenir Museum’s recent acquisitions, and examines what makes a textile or apparel object “museum worthy” for acceptance into our collection. Many objects collected by the Avenir are intended as study pieces and are used for undergraduate, graduate, and faculty research. During Spring 2018, New Threads features a breadth of garments, ranging from practical daywear in 1910 Wisconsin to beautiful 1950s couture gowns by Denver designer Julia Tobias.
Location and Hours
The Avenir Museum of Design and Merchandising is our flagship location, featuring exhibitions from our extensive collection of textile and historic costume artifacts.
- Location: 216 E. Lake Street, University Center for the Arts-East building - Campus Map
- Hours: Monday through Friday 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Admission: Free; self guided
- Closed for University Holidays, Fall, Winter and Spring Breaks
- Contact: (970) 491-1983
- Parking: There is no dedicated visitor parking for the Avenir Museum. On-street parking is located in the neighborhoods surrounding the University Center for the Arts and the Avenir Museum.
- Fall 2016; Spring, Summer, Fall 2017 – New Threads (showcasing the most recent acquisitions every semester)
- Spring and Summer 2016 – Tiny Bits and Pieces