The Lucile E. Hawks Gallery
Current Exhibition: Ongoing
Showcasing the Avenir Museum’s most recent acquisitions, New Threads examines what makes textile or apparel objects “museum worthy” for acceptance into our collection. Fall 2018 features a breadth of garments and flat textiles such as: a tapestry demonstrating both pulled warp and slit-weave techniques, a complete World War II 17th Airborne Division gliderman's uniform donated by its original owner who went on to become a professor of veterinary medicine at CSU, and a traditional embroidered cloth baby carrier of the minority Miao people of China.
Location and Hours
The Avenir Museum of Design and Merchandising is our flagship location, featuring exhibitions from our extensive collection of textile and historic costume artifacts.
- Location: 216 E. Lake Street, University Center for the Arts-East building - Campus Map
- Hours: Monday through Friday 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Admission: Free; self-guided
- Closed for University Holidays, Fall, Winter (December 24-28, 2018) and Spring Breaks
- Contact: (970) 491-1983
- Parking: There is no dedicated visitor parking for the Avenir Museum. On-street parking is located in the neighborhoods surrounding the University Center for the Arts and the Avenir Museum.
- Fall 2016; Spring, Summer, Fall 2017; Spring, Summer, Fall 2018 – New Threads (showcasing the most recent acquisitions every semester)
- Spring and Summer 2016 – Tiny Bits and Pieces